Our podcast story is entitled, I Know Where My Heart Is, part of the Modern Hero Stories, a series of stories under Sandaang Salaysay about the lives of great and honorable Filipinos. This story is about our National Artist for Visual Arts (Painting), Vicente Silva Manansala, written by Call Matthew Rodriguez and will be read to us by ark Rommel Santos.
Prepared by Ricardo G. Abad, PhD and Ivy Baggao.
Heroes are not always “big people” who are endowed with power, possessions, or popularity. They are also “small people” who lead ordinary and unspectacular lives. Big or small, they are people who light the way forward for others. What sets heroes apart is the way they shine that light against overwhelming odds, sometimes to risk life and limb, and for a cause infinitely greater than themselves. Heroes inspire us to be good and do good deeds--to become heroes ourselves.
- Who are the people that served as Vicente’s "heroes"?
- How did Vicente’s heroes help in her journey to success?
- In what way is Vicente a hero? What aspects of his life make him a hero?
- Who in your life is a hero? What makes this person a hero to you?
- How does one become a hero? Can we choose to become a hero? Or does one become a hero only by accident?