Our podcast story is entitled, Legacy, part of the Modern Hero Stories, a series of stories under Sandaang Salaysay about the lives of great and honorable Filipinos. This story is about our National Artist for Film, Lamberto Vera Avellana, written by Simon Godfrey Rodriguez and will be read to us by Von Totanes.
Prepared by Ricardo G. Abad, PhD and Ivy Baggao.
Heroes are not always “big people” who are endowed with power, possessions, or popularity. They are also “small people” who lead ordinary and unspectacular lives. Big or small, they are people who light the way forward for others. What sets heroes apart is the way they shine that light against overwhelming odds, sometimes to risk life and limb, and for a cause infinitely greater than themselves. Heroes inspire us to be good and do good deeds--to become heroes ourselves.
- Who are the people that served as Lamberto’s "heroes"?
- How did Lamberto’s heroes help in her journey to success?
- In what way is Lamberto a hero? What aspects of his life make him a hero?
- Who in your life is a hero? What makes this person a hero to you?
- How does one become a hero? Can we choose to become a hero? Or does one become a hero only by accident?